My Crafty Corner

Ok, so it turns out that the flat I live in is far to small for all of my crafty obsessions and creations, and I have therefore spread them out on the massive crafty table that is the internet, this is My Corner.
Generally speaking everything I make is to be given away - even if I don't want to - but now at least I can keep them on here.

Monday 2 January 2012

A new home

Having wanted to build a gingerbread house with me niece and nephew at Xmas, and not being able to get near the oven, my sous chef (husband) decided we would do it today, Yay!

After running out to buy ingredients we cracked on, i was busy doing the washing up, cleaning the kitchen and supervising the process whilst Paul was in charge of mixing, and rolling. A fair division of labour.

Unfortunately there was a small incident or two with regards to walls falling apart, but nothing a lot of icing can't fix, more problematic is the curvature but I am nothing if not obsessive about details, and I find all old buildings to have similar problems :)

Construction complete, it was time to decorate, but having quickly got bored by this (I must be coming down with something) we decided that we should just eat it.

Yum Yum Yum ...












(i know these pictures are out of order, it wont let me move them, but you get the point. finished product - as far as it is going to get - is picture 3)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kids

    What?!?!?

    Have you eaten the whole house? Surely not LOL!!!

    Love and hugs
    Mummy Gibbs

    ReplyDelete