My Crafty Corner

Ok, so it turns out that the flat I live in is far to small for all of my crafty obsessions and creations, and I have therefore spread them out on the massive crafty table that is the internet, this is My Corner.
Generally speaking everything I make is to be given away - even if I don't want to - but now at least I can keep them on here.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Busy Bee

So I have been very busy this weekend making several mothers day cards and starting on the mountain that is the March birthday cards, and not even thought about the anniversary cards but I have found my phone connection to the computer so progress so far can be recorded =).
It all started out so easy, a Mothers day card for my Mum and my fave mummy-in-law Jules.
Then it turned into making 2 cards for Mary (my Scottish mummy), one from me and one from Gillian (her actual daughter), it's a good job Am
anda (her other daughter) has moved out of the pub or I might never have got them done!
So here are the four cards that I started with:



This used:
Image: Penny Black 1738K "Uplifting Occasion"
Backing Paper: Not sure they were a present from mummy Jules
Sentiment: Again not sure I "borrowed" it from Jules
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Organic Flourish
Whispers pens and Derwent pastels to colour the image
brads and peel-offs from the box





This Used:
Image: Penny Black "Cheesecake"
Backing Paper: Again not sure

Sentiment: "Borrowed" it from Jules
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Organic Flourish
Derwent pastels to colour the image
brads, copper wire and peel-offs from the box






This Used:
Image: Penny Black "Cheesecake"
Backing Paper: Wrapping paper from W H Smiths
Sentiment:Peel-off
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Organic Flourish
Derwent pastels to colour the image
brads, wire and peel-offs from the box







This Used:
Backing Paper: Another pressie from mummy Jules
Sentiment: "Mum" from Jules and a peel-off
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Organic Flourish
Docrafts Xcut small square punch
Brads, wire and beads from the box and flower recycled from last years homemade crackers (thanks Jo)




Jules - no guessing which one you are getting, though I think it is quite obvious =)


I am also very excited about these cards - and hopefully those in the future - because Paul (my lovely husband and Jules baby boy No.1) has quit smoking and has taken up origami to keep his hands busy so he is very kindly making me "paper treats" to put inside my cards =).

4 comments:

  1. Super Mothers Day cards, my word you have been busy! I can guess which one is for Jules and I'm sure she'll love it, she makes fabulous cards so I'm sure you'll get plenty of inspiration from her, as we all do in blogger land. I've just won the prize that she did for her blogs birthday, it was very generous of her to do this and a lovely surprise for me, you're very lucky to have such a caring MIL, I'll look for ward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us. They are all fabulous. Come visit and say hi! We are a friendly lot. Hope you find work soon but in the meantime keep crafting. Will look forward to seeing more of your work.

    Happy crafting.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards and images, can't wait to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cat

    Lovely makes and actually it wasn't that obvious which was mine because for different reasons most seemed fitting.

    The first one I thought might be your Mum's.

    The second one I thought could be mine because it said "Mummy" and uses my very first Penny Black stamp which makes it special.

    The third one again because it uses the special stamp and because it has a heart on it.

    But the fourth - because it contains special memories of Christmas.

    So for anyone who was wondering .. .. .. it was the special memories of the fourth card that made it mine.

    Thank you Cat for making me such a lovely card and thank you Paul for your little origami masterpiece. Both are on the shelf and will still be there when I see you on Saturday. Can't wait!!

    Love all of your embossing by the way Cat!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete